Building the Body of Christ, His Church

We are grateful to and celebrate the legacy we have received from those who came before us. They listened to God’s call and committed their time, talents, financial resources, and spiritual gifts to building Epiphany into the wonderful body of Christ we know today. We also know that the work of God’s kingdom does not end and we must continue to build ministries as a resource to build His church, to nurture and strengthen faith, and to care for those in need so they can know and experience God’s love.
building-1959
Started by a small, dedicated group guided by the Holy Spirit, Epiphany began as a Lutheran mission church in 1959 and held its first worship service with 73 in attendance in the gymnasium of Dr. John Hole Elementary School in Centerville, Ohio. This community of faith embraced God’s call and vision for Epiphany and just two years later, the first church building, located on Far Hills Avenue, was dedicated in 1961. Rooted in God’s word, the education unit was added in 1967 and a new sanctuary was dedicated in 1978. The outdoor chapel was built in 1983 to seat 100 people and was expanded in 1993 and 1996 and now seats 300 people.
building-1991
Under the leadership of Pastor Larry Hoffsis, the church continued to grow. In 1991, with 1,650 baptized members, a new and renovated facility was dedicated to accommodate the growth and meet the needs of the congregation. With a focus on helping people grow in their faith, connect and deepen relationships, and serve the community and world, construction and renovations included the sanctuary, child care center, Sunday school classrooms, kitchen, fellowship hall, and mini?gym. In addition, the parking lot was nearly doubled in size, with designated spaces for handicapped and senior persons.
building-2002
In 2002, God led us to focus on education when Epiphany underwent a major expansion, including the addition of many new Sunday School classrooms, a large gathering area, bookstore, library, and all new staff office space. The Celebration Center was added, providing additional worship space, a full sized basketball court, and stage facilities for music and drama ministry, which allows us to reach over 2,000 people in the community each summer and share God’s love.

building-austin

Epiphany celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2009. As we move forward, we anticipate God’s continued blessing and direction as we use His gifts to spread the love of Christ and encourage growth, connection and a lifelong relationship with Christ.